Safety crime tips for the elderly
Safety crime tips for the elderly ACS Security public relations manager John Meintjies shares some safety tips for senior citizens. about 1 hour ago
Senior citizens are living longer and more independently than ever before. Here are some safety tips from ACS Security.
Crucial Safety Tips:
1) Never open security gates for someone that is unknown to you.
2) Always keep some form of emergency communication close by. ( for example a panic button, Zello, medic alert)
3) Check in with someone with frequent intervals on fixed times. This way, should something go wrong, it will be known quicker.
4) Be aware of your surroundings at all times and let somebody know if something is not in place.
5) Keep emergency numbers close by at all times.
6) Ask your security company to escort you should you feel uncomfortable or are unsure.
7) Do not display any valuable items or large amounts of cash at the ATM’s or in your residence. This might make you a target.
8) Keep personal information to yourself and loved ones.
9) Try to change your daily routine. This can also make you an easy target as your routine can say a lot about you.
10) When you feel uncomfortable with someone that is maybe following you, enter a public place where there are more people around and report it to the security or manager on that specific premises. SHARE